As we roll into party season we're going to share some delicious new jam recipe ideas with you, starting off with this super simple Stuffing, Cheese & Fig Roll recipe.
They're a great vegetarian option and if you're catering for vegans you can make them vegan too with the use of vegan cheese & butter. Scroll down to the bottom to see our Cooks Notes on making these ahead of time or as an amazing centrepiece too!
- 170g pack sage & onion stuffing (we used Paxo)
- 1 knob salted butter
- 1 small white onion, very finely diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 75g extra mature or vintage cheddar, finely grated
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 320g pack rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp of our Black Bursa Fig Preserve
- These are perfect for a festive buffet and super simple if you do all the hard work ahead of time. Make the rolls up until the oven stage (including the egg wash) before placing your baking tray in the freezer. Once the rolls are fully frozen, transfer to a freezer-proof, airtight container and store until required. When ready to cook, place the frozen rolls on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- These rolls are a great vegan addition to your buffet just by making a few simple swaps. Use vegan butter to fry your onions, switch cheddar for vegan cheese and ensure you’re using vegan puff pastry (Jus-Rol is vegan by the way!). Use vegan milk instead of egg wash and simple bake according to recipe.
- These are a fantastic vegetarian/vegan alternative to roast meat. Cut the rolls into 6 instead of 12 for a main-meal veggie wellington that even meat-eaters will have their eyes on round the dinner table!