These mature cheese potato croquettes are the perfect dish to serve as part of autumn tapas or as a side to winter supper. They're super crispy on the outside and soft, fluffy, cheesy, and with a hint of cheesy goodness and are incredible with a drizzle of our jalapeno jam, it creates a lovely warming dish.
- X3 large potato peeled.
- 200g Quicke's Clothbound Mature cheddar finely grated
- Cornish Sea Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Jalapeno Jam
- Put the peeled potatoes in a saucepan and boil for 6 mins, you need them to still be uncooked in the middle.
- Drain and leave to cool for 10 mins or until cold enough to handle
- Coarsely grate the potato
- In a bowl add half of the Quicke's Mature cheese to the grated potato and season with Cornish salt and pepper.
- Mix until the grated cheese is evenly spread.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of mixture and squish together, shaping into a small cylinder. Put on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat until all the mixture is made into little cylinders.
- Lightly spray with oil and put in the oven for 20-25 mins (200C) until golden turning once halfway. Alternatively put in an air fryer and cook for 15 mins at 200 degrees.
- Once golden brown remove from the oven and place on a wooden board.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and drizzle the Jalapeno Jam over the top and serve immediately.