What you'll need
2 red onions, thinly sliced
1 large white onion, finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
330ml crème fraîche
3 medium eggs
150g Mature Cheddar, grated (if preferred, swap for a cheese of your choice)
4-6 small pre-baked pastry tart cases (making from scratch is also an option of course)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 °C, gas mark 5.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan. Add all the onions and season, then cover and cook gently for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are very soft and starting to caramelise. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Place the crème fraîche and eggs in a large bowl. Season with pepper and whisk together.
4. Stir in the caramelised onions and half the cheddar, and pour the mixture into the pastry cases. Scatter the remaining cheddar over the top.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the surface is golden and the filling set.
7. Post a pic of your own creations and tag us wherever you post it 📸 @singlevarietyco