Ingredients (serves two)
- 2 medium egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 150ml whipping cream
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Single Variety Co Mango Preserve
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (fan oven).
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk in a spotlessly clean bowl until stiff peaks form, then gradually whisk in the caster sugar, a spoonful at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy. Rub a little between your fingers and if it feels grainy, continue to whisk until it feels smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and dot a little meringue into each corner to stick the paper to the tray. Dollop the meringue into two nests, roughly 10cm in diameter, and make a little dip in the centre of each. Space them a few centimetres apart. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, then turn the oven off and allow them to cool in the oven for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream with the icing sugar until soft peaks form, then fold in the lime juice. Preheat the oven to 175°C and sprinkle the coconut on a baking tray. Place in the oven for around 3 minutes to toast, but keep a close eye on it as it will burn quickly.
- Top the meringues with the cream, a tablespoon each of mango preserve, and a sprinkle of toasted coconut. Garnish with a few mint leaves and serve.
Our Alphonso Mango Preserve is available to buy online here