Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 slices of bread (around 50g)
- knob of butter
- 2-3 tsps Seville Orange Marmalade
- 60ml milk
- 30ml double cream
- 20g caster sugar
- 1 small egg
- tsp chopped mixed peel
- 30g sultanas
- 2 squares dark chocolate, for grating (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a small oven proof dish (around 10cm in diameter).
- Butter the bread and spread with the marmalade, then cut into chunks.
- Arrange half the bread in a single layer in the dish. Sprinkle with the mixed peel and half the sultanas. Add the rest of the bread in a layer, then top with the remaining sultanas.
- In a jug combine the milk, cream, sugar and egg. Carefully pour into the dish.
- Bake the pudding for 35 minutes. It will puff up while cooking so put a baking tray on the oven shelf below, just in case it leaks.
- Remove from the oven and grate the dark chocolate over. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.
Our award winning Seville Orange Marmalade is available to buy online here