Mango Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas
Recipe by Claire Connor
Our Alphonso Mango Preserve isn't just for sweet dishes! You can also use it in savoury dishes, and the sweetness of the mango works really well with the jerk seasoning in this recipe.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Alphonso Mango Preserve
- 100g basmati rice
- Half a tin of coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Half teaspoon all spice
- 2 spring onions
- Half a tin of kidney beans
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the olive oil and jerk seasoning in a bowl then add the chicken and stir until it is well coated in the mixture.
- Lay it out on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spoon over the mango preserve, then return to the oven for a further five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is in the oven make the rice.
- Rinse the rice under cold running water and tip into a pan along with all the remaining ingredients except the kidney beans and chives.
- Season and add 150 ml cold water and set over a high heat. Once it boils, turn it down to a medium heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, cover and set aside for 5 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Garnish with chives and serve with the chicken.
Our Alphonso Mango Preserve is available to buy online here