With only 4 days until Christmas, we’re hanging up our aprons today and having a well-earned rest. Nicola is jetting off on a much-needed holiday, whilst Izzy and I are spending some time with our families.
At this time of year, people generally reflect on this year as well as start to look to the year ahead. Looking at 2018 for Single Variety Co, we have had a lot of highlights as well as facing many challenges along the way too.
Here are our top 12 highlights for 2018:
1. Growing our team and we are now a team of 3!
2. Launching in the Unearthed pop up deli in Waitrose, Richmond.
5. Being chosen out of thousands of small businesses to be a SmallBiz100 for 2018. See how we made our video here.
7. We launched in our 100th stockist earlier in 2018. Scott’s of Alnmouth is a beautiful deli and cafe in Northumberland.
8. We launched in our first distributor, Springvale Foods, in the summer and have since featured in their Christmas brochure.
9. Nicola was accepted onto the NatWest entrepreneur accelerator scheme and started with them this October.
10. We’ve updated our chilli jam labels to make it easy for you to know what to do with them. Now each label has three eating ideas.
11. We launched Orange Habanero Chilli Jam as a new limited edition flavour this winter.
12. Having fantastic, supportive and loyal customers. Thank you to all of you for loving our jam as much as we do this year. We hope you all have a lovely Christmas and we’ll see you in the New Year!